Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are my options for installing sat radio in my car without the FM Modulator option?<br> <br> any and all help appreciated<br> <br> BTW<br> Does the old tape adapter turn the digital satellite signal into analog?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Its simple, Alpine & Pioneer are currently making stereo’s that can get XM Satellite Radio reception in true Digital domain (not FM Modulation). 1st you need to get a new stereo then you need a XM Tuner with the antenna. Stereo & tuner need to be of same brand (i.e.: Alpine, Pioneer…).<br> Let me know what you think.<br> www.mobilefantasy.com <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trevor the tape adapters convert the audio signal over to analoge and there is a loss of signal but not as much as an fm modulator does. If you are concerned about keeping your factory radio still there is a couple of options on adding XM and keeping your radio without using a tape adapter or going through the fm. If you are interestd you can e-mail me directly and I can discuss these options with you. <br> <br> [email protected] Jolla Audio

1 - 3 of 3 Posts