Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time to retire that noisy and inefficient GM R4 compressor, and "Sanden-ize" your A/C system.
I am offering this Sanden style compressor mounting kit for $200 +S/H/I (as of June 1st 2015). The kit comes with the mounting plate, hardware, belt, and plate brace. The kit will fit OM616 & OM617 Diesel engines, turbo and N/A.

I also have available: New 5 cyl compressor (NOS) $200, 7 cyl $220. Hose kit $100, Drier $20.

The complete kit (5 cyl) is $520 + S/H/I (2- Priority Mail packages @ $20 & $25) for a total of $565. Add $20 for the 7 cyl compressor.
If you are running a Parallel Flow Condenser, you will need an additional hose @ $20:

Please P.M. for details.....Rich

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do I need to change the evaporator or condenser to do this up grade. My system currently is functionable. However, I have had the compressor changed once and the clutch on that comprssor once by MB. And the current clutch is going bad. It has never been vary efficient.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Does that top low side ac line still need to be silver soldered to the factory fitting or is it plug and play yet?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kit and parts availability

I no longer sell compressors, so they will have to be sourced elsewhere. The Sanden #4272 is needed for the kit. It is available direct from Sanden, or other vendors (ebay, A/C parts warehouse etc.). I only sell the bracket kit, hose kit, drier, and fan relay. If you are using a parallel flow condenser, they are available from ebay. A 16X20 for a W123, 16X22 or 24 for the W126.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
I have put Rollguy's kit in both my wagon and my coupe and the AC now blows ice cold when outside temps is in the mid 90's using R124. Kit is well made and easy to install. I put in the new condensers which I got off Ebay. I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

is there any way to use this conversion kit for a variable displacement Sanden compressor, as well? I am looking for some way to convert from the old R4 compressor to a variable displacement compressor. For the 240D, it's quite unconvenient to have compressor kick in, so it would be a lot nicer to have the compressor running at low loads continuously.

Regards,

Boris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
Bolanger
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing