Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, guys i was just wondering if anyone knows of a great benz mechanic in the San Antone area. I will be down here for about a month and i want to get my e320 tuned up and overlooked before i make the long trip home to VA. any thing you have will be greatly appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
1985 380SL
4 Posts
Try Peter Leinen German Auto Center, 4849 Whirlwind St
San Antonio, TX 78217; phone - (210) 653-9889. Very honest. May seem pricey but done right.;)

·
Registered
2007 Volvo S40, 1991 Mercedes-Benz 300E
120 Posts
Whatever you do, avoid going to Mercedes Benz of San Antonio. I was recently there this past week to replace a bent rim that I had. When I went in to have them put it on my car with my existing tire, they told me that I needed to replace my tire. This was not the probelm. The problem was that they tried to sell me the tire for $195.00 when in fact my local tire store had the same tire available for $165.00 w/tax and installation. They infomred me that $195.00 was considerd a competitive price. I used to think highly of this dealership but after this last attempt to rip me off, I don't think I will be going back there.

Luckily, there is another MB dealer in Boerne( about 10 minutes outside SA), hill country, that I have heard great things about. I think I will be taking my car there in the future.

·
Registered
1998 E430
5 Posts
I dont think a $30 markup on a $165 tire is that bad, anything you buy from the dealer is gona be top dollar, of course id never buy a tire from a dealer either.
Jager

·
Registered
77 Posts
i recently bought four tyres of the internet & used a 'cost effective' company to fit these tyres. Two of the tyres now slowly deflate over time (about 2 psi per week). Retrospectively I wish i went to benz and had a proper job done. This was the first time in a -long time- that i have used this 'cheap' company.

I will never forget getting up 15 minutes early (about 20 years ago) so i could plug the electric tyre pump into the wheels on an Austin Montego Vandas plas (sounds cheap, but amazingly cost the same as a jag xj)

I thought after all this time that things would have changed with this tyre fitter.

i have learned my lesson, next time i need tyres im off to benz!

my 0.2

1 - 5 of 5 Posts