Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I just purchased a used 2004 SL500 two months ago. Recently the suspension on the right front side has been sagging when it sits overnight. When I press the button to elevate or lower the car, the suspension elevates & fixes itself (even if I'm lowering the car). Also, the right headlight will not turn on for about 5 minutes after starting the car and the windshield wipers are sluggish for the 1st few minutes after starting the car. The only warning my car is giving me is to check my tire pressure. I'm going to take it to a mechanic, but seeing this is my 1st Mercedes, I'd like a better idea of what the problem could be and the cost before hand. Any help would be wonderful!

·
Registered
2002 honda civic (sold), 2009 Mercedes ML350
1,344 Posts
the suspension issue is very common on those cars, its usually due to a failed valve block for the ABC suspension, parts and labor are around $1500-$2000, as for the headlight issue since you have xenon headlights, it could either be a failed ballast, ignition module or the front sam, the wipers could be sluggish if you battery voltage is low.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts