Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013 sl 550
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if there is anybody else out there with this recall issue.

It is concerning the SAM-F transistors.

The other issues I have, is a question to S550 08 (AMG Sport Package) owners.
1. For whatever reason when I drive at night and there are bugs that get attached to the front bumper and I guess mini rocks and dust, it leaves marks that cannot be removed via wash and a buff. I have tiny little white dots all over, that are visible only from a short distance but they are there. The resistance of the paint is not as great as I would think.
2. The sound system is very good, but when you listen to DVD-A or DVD and the surround has low bass sounds, the speakers (sub-woofer) can't take it, and I have to minimize the bass to minimum.

Does anybody else has the same issues?

Otherwise, it is the best vehicle I have ever had and I truly enjoy it beyond anything I have ever driven.

·
Registered
08 S550 99 ML320 95 C280 79 450SL
137 Posts
usually the bass moduals in cars are carp, may it be a benz or a rolls royce. however it the dvd may just have a really bad recording. most dvd audios suck unless they are played in dts anyway.

·
Registered
2013 sl 550
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Konigstiger - my ignorance :-(
I dropped the vehicle today at the dealership, will pick it up tomorrow, issue resolved. Cocerning the bass - they are trying to 'pad it' so the vibration would be minimized., I hope it will help.

The pint chips - are still an enigma..will have to take it to a body shop to investigate.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Finally!!!!

Thanks for your post about the speakers. I have been very frustrated with this in my S550 with AMG package. Tons of vibration when you crank up the volume and recently I found that certain songs cause it even at lower volumes.

I asked the dealer to look at this and they did nothing. Please Please please let me know if they do something that works for you. I would love to stop these vibrations.

Also just as a side note. I picked up a new E350 for my wife and it does not suffer from this problem. I cranked the sound system as high as I could deal with and it did not have any distortion or vibration.

As for the paint.... nano particles my a$$! MB claims that this paint contains nano particles that fuse together to create a lasting bond that protects the car bla bla bla. Well it sure does not look like that. I have some small marks on mine as well.

·
Banned
99 Merc S420 (80k Mi) 07 Lexus LS460 (21k Miles)
4,583 Posts
You should have put on a clear bra when the paint was new. It would have protected it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts