Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,just changed 2 injectors after the usual leak scenario but drove out on what was supposed to be the victorious first drive and found it is still in safe mode.I cant hear the turbo whistling either...any ideas i'm pretty fed up with this van at the moment after being off road for far too long..

·
Registered
64 Posts
did you do the repair yourself or was it a garage?

there might be a fault still present or something not connected back up, it might just need the error code deleting

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice one sasha so are you saying because the ecu has picked up and 'latched' a fault it has to be cleared by a merc diagnostic machine?I cant just disconnect the battery??!You're right i'm nowhere near yorkshire i'm in france but really appreciate your response in this as its an ongoing thing thats been rolling on for months and i want to get the b*&^@! back on the road!It seems to sound ok now just wont rev past 3000rpm.no ecu light on now either.it was cutting out before i changed the injector, which i changed after having the van put on a diagnostic machine..no other faults showed up..cheers for any further ideas

·
Registered
64 Posts
nice one sasha so are you saying because the ecu has picked up and 'latched' a fault it has to be cleared by a merc diagnostic machine?I cant just disconnect the battery??!You're right i'm nowhere near yorkshire i'm in france but really appreciate your response in this as its an ongoing thing thats been rolling on for months and i want to get the b*&^@! back on the road!It seems to sound ok now just wont rev past 3000rpm.no ecu light on now either.it was cutting out before i changed the injector, which i changed after having the van put on a diagnostic machine..no other faults showed up..cheers for any further ideas
it could have a fault code stored or it might be possible you have added one(no disrespect), would be a good idea to have the the fault codes read just to make sure.
also make sure that everything you removed has been put back correctly
It is in 'safe mode' hence the 3000 rev limit, but I don't think you are far from fixing it.
what was the fault code ie p0xxx p1xxx etc
could have a holiday to france, have you room for wife and 2 kids as well as me!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fixed problem of safe mode...!I actually fitted 4 new injectors and then noticed a tube comming off the big black air pipe over the top of the mixer unit,which i had thought was a breather pipe (duh).It actually was a vacuum hose that fitted on the underneath of a connector which i believe is something to do with the turbo operation...?!haven't been on a good long trip yet but everything seems to be ok now with normal service resumed!
Ta for your help and if you're near toulouse and dont mind your family crashing with 4,not very tidy,blokes look me up!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts