Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here I have a 1976 300d. I was going to gift it to my mother for mother's day, but unforunate circumstance dictates otherwise. It is in sound condition, both mechanically and otherwise. I beleive it sat for some time in Grand Juction, CO. It was last titled in 1993. Not neccessarily the best occurance, but Juction is actually a good place for that sort of thing. I brought it back to life with a little effort, and cleaned it up a bit, then winter hit. Overall, it is an excellent ride, practically drives itself. Accelerates like it should(it is NOT turbo) Steering is great. Brakes are tight. Little slippy on the shift to first, only on steep inclines. The odometer is stuck, but i would say it has only rolled over once to a total of 189,000mi considering it's condition. Paint is faded to a lovely shade of lavender, with a few speckles of rust, but all panels are straight. Very minor tears in the seats, dash is cracked-what a surprise- and some electrical control issues- windows, fan, lights, and gauges are iffy at best. So it does need just a little more work to make it perfect. It does not like the cold-still has the loop-type glow plugs-BUT it does have a circulating block heater that works on all but the coldest days. Leaks have appeared this winter, but only at the fittings or dry rotted hoses. I already have some of the parts to make it a solid daily driver, so long as you don't live in Siberia. There are a few more things, but that is the jist. 2 grand? anyone? Do I hear 2G's? I'll get more pics soon..

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts