Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
BenzWorld UNIMOG statesman
Unimog 404.1 Diesel (sold :( )1995 LMTV 1078
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
things are hitting me like a ton of bricks. Can only chase one dream at a time. Economy is trying to kill my new biz. Bank accounts going in the red fast and all my banked working capital has been used up. Well 50%. Other 50% got lost in the market.

I got to sell everything Unimog. At this point in the economy that project is years and years away from starting agian. Not fair to the Mog..... it needs to be rolling and working.

404 hard cab (removed)

hardcab dissasembled and prep work started (cut out cancer, fenders removed etc.) for fixing up. Cab sitting on home made body work rotisserie.

617 turbo diesel. Motor has minimal miles on it. Couple thousand that's it. No its not a rebuild either. It was a display engine used for diesel theory discussions at a univ. in Germany. PO got it and installed it. (he's an nanotech engineer.... at the time was studying at the uni where engine was)

Full 617 upgrade kit

Tranny and axles NOS by PO... just before selling. So very little on those too.

radio box, nearly removed but still transportalbe on it mog (did it sevarl times now.)

tons of extra parts including 300D car

New cab front nose piece
crap load more.

medium sized cab fire. took out fuse box and dash instraments and driver windshield (cracked)

Windshields removed and saved so glass company can copy them.

Make offers ...

:crybaby2::crybaby2::crybaby2::crybaby2::crybaby2:

·
Registered
1991 1250L Doka Unimog, 2002 ML320
1,190 Posts
That's tough George. You know, as I do, that this (even really cool unimog stuff) is just stuff! I hope you get fair value and it gets you through the bad financial times. Best of luck,
Chas

·
Registered
Vehicle: 1397 Portative Organ Normally Aspirated....U411, U2450,463 300GD
1,499 Posts
Likewise, sorry to hear you're liquidating stock George. But... great success could be around the corner....and then you can afford 10 mogs if you so desire. Hope you are still willing to be here to moderate; if only that paid handsome. This having to work for a living thing can sometimes be a pain in the 'arse.
Rossteeger

·
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mog might leave my pasture but it aint leaving my soul soooo of course I'll stay active on the board. Will moderate too.... though some probably were dancing thinking I might be handing off the moderator position. :D

·
Registered
mogless, except for my friends MB4-94. And a bunch of other diesel junk.
2,512 Posts
George, if I may, offer a bit of advice. I, you, and everyone else here knows that a dis assembled non running truck will sell for a fraction of what it really may be worth. You have a 404 with the complete low mile OM617 swap and there are not many out there. Keep it. You will never get a fair price for it, and will spend far more to replace what you have. Sell off the rest of the brick a brack that you have, the flat bed, the 300d, and whatever else you have. I've had to sell my fleet once and kept my favorite, glad I did and it worked out in the end. Even if you sell the cab and radio box, you still will have the best part of that 404, and you won't have to start from scratch. Admittedly, I find your banter annoying at times, and will bellyache about it. BUT, you do a good job here, and I would rather see you finish your 404 than sell it, as you have a lot of time in to it. My .10 for the taking.

·
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
some good points. I'll consider that. I have not announced it any further than here so I got some room to make adjustments in what Im selling.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts