Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning, snow touched my 107, looks like it's time to say goodbye and park it before salt hits the roads.

Attachments

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
29,105 Posts
Today was my PIG to the barn day.

Tank is full, STABIL added, car washed, cover installed.

Nite, nite.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I think I've got you all beat! I purchased mine on Oct 2nd, drove it home 130 miles, parked it at a friend's garage across town, have taken it for 2 illegal rides as it isn't registered yet, and we are looking at snow this coming weekend. I've been working on the car with all my spare time, but won't start driving it until April 2012!!!! ARGHHHHHHHHH! Truth is, these cars are not winter cars, unless you don't care about rust.

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
Oh, Damm guys. It was 79 here today and I took it out for a nice spin. top down, etc...

Please, don't hate me. Going to drop to 50 on Friday but a warm-up over over the weekend.

Just had a relative leave our cottage up in Door County, Wis yesterday heading south, looks like he made it in front of the snow.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Looks like the rain is finally subsiding down here, so time to take the HT off and store that !!

Some pics I took today of the "rainy season look" - HT & OEM rims...

Attachments

·
Registered
288 Posts
drive time

hoping today I get a call from Edgar telling me to come get Betty. Finally temps out of the 100's+ so now it's driving weather. All the way till May.
Soooo want that phone call :bowdown:

BTW- what additive am I supposed to use to start her back up and running as she's been sitting for 7 months with a full tank?

·
29,105 Posts
hoping today I get a call from Edgar telling me to come get Betty. Finally temps out of the 100's+ so now it's driving weather. All the way till May.
Soooo want that phone call :bowdown:

BTW- what additive am I supposed to use to start her back up and running as she's been sitting for 7 months with a full tank?
The additive should be put in the gas BEFORE waiting 7 months. But....if you bought fuel at a reputable and busy gas station 7 months ago then I wouldn't worry too much.

·
Registered
288 Posts
days late and dollars short

Thanks Nob,
just didn't have any idea I'd be waiting 7 months....no call yet :crybaby2:

·
29,105 Posts
Today was my PIG to the barn day.

Tank is full, STABIL added, car washed, cover installed.

Nite, nite.
I look like a genius today.

33F and 4 inches of snow.

Sigh....

·
29,105 Posts
In the words of CCYYZ - Pictures, or it didn't happen.
No snow here in the balmy south, just -2C
Because it's you, Stef, I'll play.

Attachments

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh, Damm guys. It was 79 here today and I took it out for a nice spin. top down, etc...

Please, don't hate me. Going to drop to 50 on Friday but a warm-up over over the weekend.

Just had a relative leave our cottage up in Door County, Wis yesterday heading south, looks like he made it in front of the snow.
My grandparents live in door county, I'm only about an hour away.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Because it's you, Stef, I'll play.
We are not that far away from Barrie but it wasn't a bad day here in Kingston. No snow and about 8C.

Drove SL to Home Depot to pick up some lumber*. Considering the temperature, had some weird ice pellets for a few minutes from a black cloud passing over. But then it cleared up.

* Needed some 10 footers, rented their van - $21.00 for 1.5hrs - not a bad deal. But I need a truck :(

·
Premium Member
2,440 Posts
Monday, I was up at a site where we had thunder-snow, Lightning and thunder while snowing/sleeting hard.

I was telling my son about it, and he mentioned that it would really be scary when you realized you were only 30 feet from the clouds. I told him that I actually was about 300 feet from the TOP of the clouds. Looking up and seeing patches of blue sky.

Sort of gives a new meaning to the term "in a thunderstorm".:eek:

Scott

1 - 20 of 36 Posts