Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I hope this is the right section to post in.

I have a 2009 S63 AMG with the Harmon Kardon sound system. I have a bit of experience installing custom sound systems in cars (fiberglass enclosures, processors, t/a, etc. etc.) but have not done so in a few years.

Anyway - I'd like to give it a shot and start by putting some subwoofers in the trunk of my car.

Does anyone know where I can get 12V in the trunk, and most importantly where I can get a full range audio signal from the stock head unit? I do not wish to replace the head unit.

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're right, I should have worded that better. I'm trying to find out where the head unit is grounded so as to avoid a ground loop.

Of course that's not even an issue right now, because I am unable to find any information on where I can get a clean signal from the Head Unit to begin with.

Does anyone know where the factory amp is located?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chief_Wiggum, you are my hero.

I took out the spare wheel and the floor mat in the trunk last night. There is ample room for a single 15' in a custom sealed fiberglass enclosure there.

I also took out the cover on the backseat, which revealed what looks like a fuse box, a (small??) battery and some other strange apparatus, some of which look like pneumatic tubes??

Your attachments help a lot, if I could only locate the amplifier....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts