Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1997 Mercedes Benz S-600 V-12

Ad says 1997 with 47,000 miles. Asking a pretty good premium. I have seen it said that the 4-place seating was offered beginning only in 1998 for the US. No pics of the rear seats unfortunately. Well... do your due diligence if interested. I just thought I'd bring it to the forum's attention.

Brett

·
Registered
1,621 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL. I saw the ebay ad, but never opened it. Something is strange about that 600. I've never seen a 600 sedan with monotone Nappa seats. Lots of questions need to be asked.

Brett

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Seats have been re dyed. I can tell from the shade of black they used since I did a leatherique restoration on my car this past summer.

·
Registered
403 Posts
This is a "designo" car, which at that time meant custom ordered.
From the datacard the orginal paint is "GREEN BLACK METALLIC".

The datacard is unusual in that it has special "Info Text". The text is in germain. I've translated it with Google. Looks like the car was special ordered with an all black interior.

Besides the 4 place seating the car also was optioned with the rear air conditioning.

Interesting car for sure. Perhaps worth the asking price given the low miles and unique history and if its mechanically sound. I'd take better pictures if I was trying to sell it for that price.

Car has been around, Carfax shows NY, PA, MI, FL and now KS. First registration is from Bedford NY. Very upscale.

% TO-992 FEATURES:

TO 992:

COLORED LEATHER UPHOLSTERY 00003438

EQUIPMENT TO CODE BLACK LEATHER 551,
DIFFERENT BUT WHICH:

CENTRAL OFFICE FIELDS IN BLACK NAPPA LEATHER
(NAPPA LEATHER HEADREST BLACK SERIES)

DOOR CENTRAL FIELDS IN BLACK LEATHER

(DOOR LINING IS FULL OF JIT / LMS OBTAINED)

NOTE TO OR UT. ESTABLISHMENT:

1) CONTRACT DESCRIPTION MADE PURSUANT TO
EXPRESSION DATA FROM 03/26/97

2) Pursuant to CAR BEARING PLANT DECADE
ARE.
PLEASE NOTE AND CODE 2 021 IN RECORD
RECORDING.
MFG STOOL MANU

·
Registered
403 Posts
Several forum members have asked me how I viewed the datacard. Mercedes offers its online parts catalog (EPC) free of charge to people living in the US.

EPC-net Online

Register, start the java applicaiton, enter the VIN. Under the functions menu you'll see datacard. Datacard shows options that the car left the factory with and in this case any instructions for special order cars. Of course you can also use the parts catalog to look up part numbers and diagrams.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts