Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1999 S600
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering replacing my coils as another shot in the dark at the slight power deficit this car has compared to my previous 600s. Is Bosch still the preferred brand (I know some folks have complained about them switching production to Brazil)? Are there other brands people are using for the ignition coils? There's an absolute ton of brands available out there in any number of price ranges.

Bonus picture: New muffler experiment. Stainless Works CR22 units. Excited to see how these end up sounding. Chambered "twist" design.

·
Registered
300 CE 24V Sportline
1,286 Posts
My "league table" of replacement HT components usually reads:
1. MB original.
2. Beru.
3. Bosch.

RayH

·
Premium Member
'97 CL600
3,105 Posts
Arklatex, I was faced with the same thing on my '97 CL600. Benz wanted $100+ each for 12 of them. I found the SAME part number on amazon.com for about $50 each. I bought a few each month until I had 12. Installed them and the car runs like the rocket it is! I am a firm believer in OEM for most items on my car. I find the maker and the part number and always look in amazon first. Most of the time they are there. I also checked on line Walmart and found parts there also. 🙃

1 - 3 of 3 Posts