Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I order some crystal clear tail lights for my S420. I open the box and said,"Cheap, Cheap, Cheap". But they looked good and one of mine had a bad seal so I put them on. Okay, they were exactly like the OEM tails except clear red and white with no reflectors. Same shape back and front. I'm going to post my before and after pictures when I drop my 18's on in a day or so. I love ebay.

·
Registered
1997 S500
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Donwaun,
Who did you buy them from?

·
Registered
1998 S420; 1995 S500
8 Posts
The grill they sell at bekkers.com is only $149 plus shipping -- this is the entire grill assembly -- not just the inserts. The quality of the grill is not exactly OEM but then again it's less than half the price of an OEM S600 grill.

·
Registered
1997 S500
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Got the grill today. Was suprised to see it so soon!
It was new-in the box. Vendor is "Eugene" and from all the german writing on the box, I'll assume Eugene is a german company- that's gota count for something right? It's not OEM by virtue of the lack of any part number. The quality is VERY close to OEM. Most would not notice any difference. Infact, the only difference is on the inside with some internal webbing. The individual grill slats are painted gloss black and capped with- get this- real chrome. Installation was straight forward and the car looks great! I'll try to post some before and after pictures tomorrow. Any one looking to change to the 600 grill should seriously consider these guys.
Paul

·
Registered
12 Posts
Paul,

Glad to hear the swap was a success - I look forward to seeing the pics... Do you have the eBay link that you purchased the grill from? Do you know, will the new grill fit my W140 - it's got the standard grill with three chrome slats. Just checkin all this since I'm a complete newcomer to modding and really don't have nearly enough money to afford costly mistakes. Was it really an easy swap, I've always thought to do it would be tricky which was one of the factors that put me off doing it...

Cheers,

Jason [:)]

·
Registered
1997 S500
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Chevdo,
The link is here http://stores.ebay.com/B181FY-MB_W0QQssPageNameZl4QQtZkm. This will get you to the seller's list of items. I don't see a grill listed right now so I'd e-mail them at [email protected] and just let them know that your looking for an S600 grill insert (for $50) for a w140 and when they might have another one in stock.
As far as the install goes, if you pop open your hood and look at the back of grill you'll see four bolts on top and two on the bottom. Remove these and the entire grill will pop out from top to bottom. The clips that were used to hold the bolts can now be removed from the grill surround. Once these are gone the insert will come out. The new one installs in reverse order. Took five minutes.
Good luck!
Paul

21 - 27 of 27 Posts