Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard from factory source MY2003 S55 will have kompressor engine, as well as upgraded brakes and push button shifters om wheel. Should be available Sept/Oct.<br> Also, large West coast dealer asked if there was interest in the S600 Twin Turbo for late fall. Thought that engine was only for Maybach but I guess not.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: S55K & S600 Twin Turbo

cj, Do you know on the 600, what the HP will be and if the trans being attached will be a speed shift as in the AMG SL55? Or, can you forward the deals name to whom gave the info

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Spoke to dealers in NY and North Haven CT. Most will have info at this point. HP figures will come early summer.<br> Speed shift for sure on S55K, will find out about S600TT.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Cj, Tks for the feedback. I talked to my dealer yesterday, and he thought it would be about 470hp. But, I hear that this is the Mayback's V12 which has been listed at 550hp. I currently have a 02 S55 since Aug 01 (should have waited, but I been happy since 8/01), but what I am hearing is this 600tt will be in the SL next summer. Other than the Trans issue, I would take a SL600tt @ 550hp over the V8 AMG (can order the AMG effects). Shift on the column would be nice, but no needed, but surely want the 35% faster shifting trans.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts