Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello -- new to the forum!

2007 S550 AMG Sport package 73k miles Stuck in Park ( I think) possibly bad ISM module - intelligent Servo Module. Received the message " Visit Workshop without Switching Gears" on the dash display. Message appeared for the first time at around 6pm and has never showed prior and the transmission never had an issue with switching into gear nor any driving issues )( no hesitation, no slippage). At this point I have began checking fuses ( the rear fuse panel box behind the middle seat console) all fuses seem fine there. Based on my research I am thinking the ISM module has gone out. W

Before the message began to appear I actually drove the city just fine. I parked my car for an hour and then began diagnosing an issue iv been having ( car shakes badly in idle and hard to fill gas tank ( this should be the evap canister can issue that alot of owners have)) back to the Stuck in Park issue...the only thing I had done during this diagnostic was unplug both the battery under the hood and the one in the wall of the trunk (main battery).

Now the reason why I hope my issue is a blown fuse/relay is because my cigaret lighter in the front console stopped working ( there are two 12volt plugins there). I figured I would look into that later as I started my engine and drove out of my garage-- the "visit workshop without switching gears" came on. Although the message came on the car seemed fine and it got me to the walmart parking lot. However when I found a parking spot I went to put car in reverse and back into it.. BIG MISTAKE.. Car let me go in reverse then I went into DRIVE ( parking the car) and I got halfway into the parking spot.. as I tried to put car in PARK the shifter just became non-responsive. SO i had to leave my foot on the break for about 5 minutes -- turning the car on and off until finally I was able to put the car in what I believe was PARK although the Shifter displayed D. So I pulled Fuse #83 which is for the selector module ( per justanswer dot com) and discovered with the fuse in place I can not start the car.. with the fuse removed I can start the car, in either case the shifter was still non responsive

QUESTION: Does anyone think this issue can be resolved without replacing the ISM?
Possibly a blown relay or fuse-- are there any other fuse locations to check for
Any assistance would be great!.. Thank you all.

·
Premium Member
4,148 Posts
Have someone check for fault codes with MB DAS it may as simple as clearing stored codes and if not, you will have a definitive answer as to what is malfunctioning.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Replacing the ISM was the resolution to this issue $1300 parts and labor -- part was about $600! Hopes my issue helps someone else out as well-- Thanks for all that assisted with this issue.:angel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts