Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2011 SLS AMG, 2011 S65 AMG, 2007 S550 4-Matic, 2004 S600, 2003 S600, 2009 GL550 4-Matic
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where the oil filter is in an 2007 or any year s550? Also, does anyone know where the cabin and charcoal filters are?

·
Registered
CLS550 Master Lease, 1990 300zxTT, 2000 camry
361 Posts
ok the oil filter is at the top front of your engine under the large black cap. Its been a while since i have done one but I think the cabin filter is in a compartment behind the glove box next to the blower motor.

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
ok the oil filter is at the top front of your engine under the large black cap. Its been a while since i have done one but I think the cabin filter is in a compartment behind the glove box next to the blower motor.
With the 220 we had to remove the glove box to access the filters but with the 221 you need to remove the plastic cover beneath the glove box in the passengers footwell to access the filters.

You will need a special tool to remove your oil filter cap.

·
Registered
1999 E320 and 2008 S550 Designo
59 Posts
With the 220 we had to remove the glove box to access the filters but with the 221 you need to remove the plastic cover beneath the glove box in the passengers footwell to access the filters.

You will need a special tool to remove your oil filter cap.

Will I need to remove the glove box first to see the plastic cover you are talking about?
Overall is it tricky to do? I hate to pull and break any tabs or not able to put things back correctly.
I believe these combo filters needs to be replace every 2 years, do you strongly recommend replacing them exactly every 2 years or not? Remember I was able to inspect the engine air filters and they were almost new condition after I shook off the dirt between the pleats, and reuse them.

·
Premium Member
'71 Pinto
4,309 Posts
Overall is it tricky to do? I hate to pull and break any tabs or not able to put things back correctly.
Unscrew 2 bolts to panel and disconnect footwell lamp electrical connector then simply a matter of sliding filter cover locks toward center to access filters. Your call on filter change interval.

Attachments

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
Will I need to remove the glove box first to see the plastic cover you are talking about?
I believe these combo filters needs to be replace every 2 years, do you strongly recommend replacing them exactly every 2 years or not? Remember I was able to inspect the engine air filters and they were almost new condition after I shook off the dirt between the pleats, and reuse them.
You do not need to remove the glove box on the 221, these pics are self explanatory and you may be able to simply clean them, it depends on the part of the country in which the car is being used.

Attachments

·
Registered
1999 E320 and 2008 S550 Designo
59 Posts
Thanks Eric for the info. and pics.

It is even easier to do than the e320. The e320 was a bit tricky removing the glove box the first time that I did it.
I like this setup on the s550....makes more sense...and easy to replace or just clean out the combination filters when needed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts