Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi<br> <br> I wanted to put 20' rims on my S500, I wanted a GOOD sidewall, so I dont bend anything on potholes, since I live in Toronto.<br> <br> This is the only modifcation I am doing on the car, if that matters.<br> <br> I wanted absoultely, NO RUBBING, and I wanted my speedo to be as accurate as possible, I wouldnt want it to be more than 4 percent innacurate.<br> <br> Can you guys please give me the rim width/offset/tire sizes I would need for this.<br> <br> I would GREAT appreciate it.<br> <br> Amir<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a '02 S55 that I put 20' Lorinser LM5s on and it was a complete nightmare. All 4 tires rubbed metal and rubber. The tire dealer rolled a baseball bat inside the wheel well (on a $120,000 auto)and claimed that would stop the rubbing. It didn't. The worst part of the experience was that the Lorinser's ruined the fantastic handling this car came stock with. I then put on the same wheel package in 19's and the rubbing went away, but the handling still sucked. I then changed back to stock AMG wheels and the handling came back. Do not put ANYTHING but AMG on this car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts