Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for 18" wheels for my brilliant silver 2000 S500 and found 2003 standard S600 wheels. They are brightly polished, weigh only 21 lbs vs. 29 for the AMG 5 spokes, and they are 18" by 8".
What do you think of them and do you see any S classes with this style wheel?
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 S550 Sport
911 Posts
Your S600 Wheels

Hi
You have a great car, but I think when someone puts S600 wheels on an S500 car, they might be thought of as a faker. Sort of how people are now putting on the right side exhaust and removing the badges from the car so people THINK it is possibly an S55 or S600 instead of their S430.

You are possibly opening yourself up to rude remarks.
AMG wheels are nicer, sportier, and will not bring those kinds of comments.

?
Brad

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
S600 wheels

Thanks for the input, Brad. There are few to none S600's in the Tampa area, so I don't think people will even know what those wheels are from. The one S600 I have seen so far has the AMG's on it. I see alot of MB's with AMG spoke wheels, and I want something different, but not aftermarket. Basically, I want 18" wheels and like the look on the silver car.
How does your S500 ride with 18" wheels, and what tires are you using? Is yours a 2000 or later?
Thanks

·
Registered
2007 S550 Sport
911 Posts
S600 Wheels

Hi :)

I drive an 02 S500 with Sports Package. the 18" wheels are great in style and performance on DRY and sort of slippery ground. On Snow and Ice, i do not reccomend them at all. Leave the car parked till the ground has no ice or slush as you slip and slide very easily.
my car has performance tires on it. I think the S600 2003 18: wheels use All season tires which will help when you have snow.

Are you a big fan of the S Class?
Brad

1 - 4 of 4 Posts