Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My S500 w221 2010 was giving humming sounds and after through diagnostics I changed the pulsation dampener and the sound went away right away.. but what happened was my car started giving some growling kind to sound on startup when car is started with a gap of 15 to 20 mins.. the sound lasts for hardly 1 second and then it goes away and everything working fine and no errors etc... It can be heard inside the car only when starting and no sound out side on or under the engine.... my mechanic gave some exercise to the ABC system using star diagnostics and all the hydraulics went up and down for about 15 mins... but still sound was there at starting.. Now the mechanic changed back the pulsation dampener to check and now the starting sound is gone and humming sound is back... :D so dear all can anyone help that what could be the reason. took the new pulsation dampener back to spare parts shop and he showed me a long list of sold PDs and there was not a single return.... so what you say on this.... Thanks. the PD is having some ticking sound in side it when you shake it and the old one doesn't....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Several bulletins "may" be applicable, check details.
Thank you Konigstiger, The problem of the noise I am facing is that after changing the pulsation dampener he humming sound went away but this growling kind of sound comes at start only for 1 second and can be heard inside the car only, you will not hear or able to recognize anything from outside and it only comes when car is switched of for around 10 to 15 minutes.. this is happening with the newly installed Pulsation dampener. when i installed back the old PD this sound does not comes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts