Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my s500 (150k miles) since March and so far it's been mostly trouble free motoring. I run my own a garage so most things are very straight forward but I have a couple of issues that are a little more difficult.

1. If I'm slowing down, gently - not really braking - at about 15-25 mph I hit the gas and I get sort of a "thump" feeling, no noise though. It's not kicking down and If I accelerate gently it is smooth. It feels just like a really worn flex disc or a lot of slack in the diff. There doesn't seem to be any slack in any components when looking underneath though. Otherwise it's all very smooth and the gearbox shifts perfectly.

2. I have a spare key but when I tried to use it - it would open (remotely) and start the car, but an error came up on the dash (cdc??? or something??) and the gear lever would not shift out of park. :confused:

Any ideas welcomed.

·
Registered
, 2012 S600L designo, 2003 W211 220 CDI
226 Posts
I have the same issue on my S600 with trans, a thump noise between accelerating and decellerating at slower speeds. i havnt looked underneath yet and was thinking flex disc as well. I did post on here but no reply

·
Registered
2000 S430 156k (11/12)
507 Posts
Take a good look at your transmission mount for cracks and signs of damage.

I would also want to check the level and the condition of the transmission fluid. If it hasn't been changed for a while, changing/flushing it with the new 236.14 fluid would be beneficial.

·
Registered
2004 S500
115 Posts
Did you ever find out what the Thumping was? I have it in my 2004 S500 w/ 52k miles. I think it may be the "Input Speed Sensor" which tells the transmission what speed the car is going...thoughts?

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
Did you ever find out what the Thumping was? I have it in my 2004 S500 w/ 52k miles. I think it may be the "Input Speed Sensor" which tells the transmission what speed the car is going...thoughts?
If it was the input speed sensor for the turbine, fault codes would be set on the EGS computer and possibly limp mode would engage as well.

·
Registered
2004 S500
115 Posts
Wow thanks for your fast response! Just bought this car 3 days ago and was worried. I found that sensor online for about $100 or so...Is it a big job labor-wise (cost wise) for my mechanic?

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts