Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1991 350SDL 2004 G500
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I test drove a 1997 S500 with 53,000 miles on it today and there are a few things that I noticed. The first was right when I started it it began to sqeake for about 30 seconds and then it stopped (Belts?) The other thing that bothered the most was the SRS light was on...which means that one of many things could be in need of attention. Are there any common SRS problems that arise? And what are the normal costs to diagnose/fix? Also other than a rather large scratch (Very noticable) on the back left side the car was in good condition (If not a little dirty...) All the windows and electronics worked and there were no problems with the door/trunk closers.

·
Registered
SEC 600 V12 2dr COUPE (RHD) One of the chosen few.
2,233 Posts
Srs seatbelts and airbags.. with ignition off check all seatbelts by fastening and realeasing several times check nothing is obstructing operation there is a fuse to check also fasten all belts then turn ignition on..start motor if no change then it is down to airbags.. not a thing you want to play with.. best take it to a dealer ask for a short test on the srs system and a print out of the results.. that will tell you what to do next.

·
Registered
1991 350SDL 2004 G500
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help, if I go back to see it i'll know what to do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts