Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
521 - 524 of 524 Posts

·
W220 Moderator
8,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #522 · (Edited)
Hi TC ,

Absolutely no idea, although of course anything is possible ...........

Are we talking about the 2005 SL ?

If so bearing in mind that is a post facelift Car it likely just needs programming via Version Coding ;) Does the Car already do "One Touch" Mirror Folding ? ...............

The EIS Coding is what gets you to the "One Touch" stage, and for that, go into EIS, find the Version Coding for "Version Vehicle Model" ..........

There are 4 options, the first is "Start of Production", if set to that it will not work, try one of the next three of those possible Codings one will make it work ............

That got me to the "One Touch" stage, but still no "Autofold" that needed the 2005 DCM S/W which if you look at the sticker on your DCM you may already have ;)
Note that your Cluster may need a Version Coding added as well, and I simply cannot remember exactly what that one was now, but it was fairly obvious, you will just have to experiment ;)

Finally, to save everyone a load of grief, here is how they physically work ...............

Mirrors folded out in normal driving position, you get out of the Car, shut door, press lock button on key and voila ........... Car Locks and Mirrors Fold Inwards !!

Now let car go to sleep, Press Un Lock, the Doors now Unlock, but mirrors stay folded in ............. Open the Door and they Fold Out !!

HTH,

·
W220 Moderator
8,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #524 ·
You have me thinking if they even power fold

Buttons for Powerfold should be on with your Mirror Adjustment Switches, I thought all R230 SL's had Powerfolding Mirrors ???????????

521 - 524 of 524 Posts