Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

W220 Moderator
S500 W220 SLK320 R170 C200 CDI W203 Peugeot Expert Van
OK, poke accepted .............

Here we go then ..............

Fact of the matter is there has only been one other incident I can think of where someone else continually reported annually in an attempt to prove us all wrong regarding his Chinese Air Strut which was allegedly still working perfectly, yep he got lucky ..................

For every one of those that did work, in the meantime there were many many posts, probably running into at least a hundred where the junk didn't work outta the box .......................

The Chinesium Junk is a lottery, just like your Indonesian Tyres are a Junk lottery ................

So you want to play the lottery with your own, your family and other folks lives with a critical safety item on a Car that will cruise at 100 + MPH in seconds

I sincerely hope that that your "Ditch Finders" don't fire you off the Road and into a Tree, not a lottery I am prepared to play thank you very much ;)

I have seen these things start to de laminate after very very few miles, even saw one at a Tyre place recently, the hapless oaf fitting it couldn't get it to inflate on the rim, at which time I pointed out that it was egg shaped and would never seat on the bead 馃ぃ 馃ぃ 馃ぃ

Registered
2005 S600
I鈥檝e never regretted fitting good tires.

Not once.

I鈥檝e sure regretted some of the cheap ones I鈥檝e bought in 40 years of car ownership.

For the record, I think my W220 is a high performance car.

Registered
Too many to list
I鈥檓 one of the people who purchased the sunfull tires after the recommendation in that other W220 thread . I鈥檝e been very happy with them .

I鈥檓 frugal but do enjoy having many cars. And With a collection of over 20 cars, if I put $1000 tires on each of them i would be spending $20k just on tires . And yes I can afford to do that , but it makes little sense for how rarely I drive most of them . The China tires cost less then $260 a set .

Granted my s600 which I regularly take over 100 mph , I don鈥檛 run China鈥檚 . On my Bentley Arnage the previous owner bought pirellis at $560 each . You can bet I won鈥檛 be doing that .

Registered
2005 S600
Wow...

20 cars puts you in a unique position.

In so many ways!

I appreciate the perspective and experience you bring to the board...now I know from whence it's come...

Registered
2005 S500 with amg package
achilles tire update. We had rain and they are good in the rain. It rains so infrequently here but the last rain storm forced me to buy new tires. The wear bars, showing when a tire needs replacing really work, the last set were due/overdue for replacing (at or below the wear bar) and they were scary in the wet.

so far i'm still recommending the achilles tires.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts