Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2003 S430 W220
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
My dad was known to say, "There is no car more expensive than a cheap Mercedes"...

So, with 187K on this, you will have things that need to be repaired. If you can do this yourself, and you are willing to invest in a Star Diagnostic System clone, so that you have access to all of Mercedes' workshop and service information, and will be able to test/diagnose yourself, then this could be a worthwhile car.

I love the W220. Love the looks. Love how it drives. Love the feel.

But if you're looking for a low cost ownership experience, and you can't do the work yourself, then you may be in for disappointment.
Thanks for the tip. I usually work on cars myself but never worked on a Benz before. I’ll look into the diagnostic system.

·
Registered
2003 S430 W220
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
^^ Couldn't have put it better. Good idea to start investing in some decent socket wrenches, extensions, and sockets. And double-plus-good on the recommendation to get Star Diagnostic System. You will need it.

A W220 in "good repair" is not only a wonderful thing to drive, it is also surprisingly low maintenance.
Thank you

·
Registered
2003 S430 W220
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hi all! So I moved forward with purchasing the S430 and am very happy with my purchase. Thank you all who responded to my quesiton. I'll posting pictures soon once I detail it. It's cold out here in Chicago so i'm sure it'll be a few weeks before i'll do a complete detail.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts