Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,

i have a 2000 S430 and the trunk is locked and i cannot get it to open. i tried the button on the drivers door. i also tried manually using the metal key, i turn it to the left and press it in but nothing... i believe the lock is broken. i asked a mechanic and his idea was to remove the backseats in order to access the lock! is there any simpler way to this please, please let me know.. there is a bottle of acetone that has spilled in the trunk and the whole car stinks not to mention that it is highly flamable!! is it necessary to check fuses? when i stick in the metal key and move it to the left or right and hold it, the windows go up or down. so the central locking works...just not the bloody trunk! please help if you can, thank you so much. :surrender:

Phillip D

·
Banned
99 Merc S420 (80k Mi) 07 Lexus LS460 (21k Miles)
4,583 Posts
Sounds like a build quality malfunction. Has your dash board light illumined to alert you to the issue?

·
Registered
92 500SEL to 01 E320T current 2014 lexus LS460
3,886 Posts
You cant get thru the back seat ( the fuel tank is there) are the doors really locking and unlocking? If not your PSE is not running to provide the lock unlock pressure/vacuum. I have suggested this and it worked for one person. The pump is under the rear seat and produces pressure to unlock and vacuum to lock, apply a little pressure to the yellow line (it took only a lttle stroke of a bicycle pump).
I hope you did not get the cargo net caught, its push the lock and pull up, otherwise?????

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
????????

There are no messages on the dashboard of such malfunction... When rotating the key in the trunk lock to the described positions in the manual, the central locking system works, it unlocks and locks the car. but when I hold it to the left and press up, nothing... the windows just go down. I am running out of options, and my service guy wants to go through the back seats... idk if fuel pump is on the way or not?!? but it is a quite expensive manuever for such a "small" problem... if anyone has other ideas, it would be greatly appreciated!! :bowdown:

·
Registered
92 500SEL to 01 E320T current 2014 lexus LS460
3,886 Posts
I would worry about your service guy, the gas tank completely covers the rear of the back seat. The only access would be thru the euro "ski" pass thru, which I doubt you have. It required a special 88 liter tank. I would let MB look at it, maybe they have more experience.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello,

i have a 2000 S430 and the trunk is locked and i cannot get it to open. i tried the button on the drivers door. i also tried manually using the metal key, i turn it to the left and press it in but nothing... i believe the lock is broken. i asked a mechanic and his idea was to remove the backseats in order to access the lock! is there any simpler way to this please, please let me know.. there is a bottle of acetone that has spilled in the trunk and the whole car stinks not to mention that it is highly flamable!! is it necessary to check fuses? when i stick in the metal key and move it to the left or right and hold it, the windows go up or down. so the central locking works...just not the bloody trunk! please help if you can, thank you so much. :surrender:

Phillip D
I had the same problem. What I did, I connected the positive position on the jumper cable to the alternator. There is a bolt that is exposed, a little hard to get to, but, you don't really need to have it connect completely, just can hold it down. Connect the ground to a bolt on the body of the car. This should give you enough power to get the trunk with the remote. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.