Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,
Ive tried to search but found nothing. I currently have the 16s AMG on my car and currently purchased a new set of the 18s AMG wheels. When I tried to installed them my current lug nut is too short. Below is a photo of the 16s on my car and other is photo of what I want to put on them.
Would this Ebay item work? Your help is greatly appreciated!
Ive measure my shank on the current lug bolt and its roughly 25mm. Would the 38 be too much and scraping my hub?
Mercedes (20) Wheel Lug Bolts S55 S63 S65 AMG W220 W221 | eBay

a>

·
Registered
2000 s430
18 Posts
I have AMG 18"s on my s430. I had a similar issue but in reverse - I got a flat tyre one night and the spare is a 16" rim. I dont have wheel nuts to go with the spare and the ones on the car are too big for the spare, so I need to find the original size to go with my spare.
Unfortunately the previous owner didnt let me know until I was stuck and had to get a tow.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 2003 -- S430
190 Posts
ok maybe because your car is the 2000 model
but i have 2003 and 17s on them OEM and last year i got 18s AMG just like the one in the picture and just swapped rims and thats all, old lug nuts worked perfectly fine and they fit
i really dont know how long are mine but you could check with mercedes dealer if you call them

·
Registered
330 Posts
I'm not sure those 16's are actually AMG rims. Your car should take 23mm bolts with a Mercedes ball seat. The bolts you linked to are the wrong length and the wrong seat type. Note that the Audi/VW ball seat is different than the OEM Mercedes seat. If you see a listing that states "Audi/VW/Mercedes" those are wrong. Safest bet would be a set from the dealership.

·
Registered
2001 mercedes S430, 2010 mercedes E550 4matic
340 Posts
I put 18" cls 500 wheels on my S430 and just had to buy the lug nuts for those rims and they fit no problem. Now what i would do is throw the old lug nuts in your trunk just in case you get a flat tire

·
Registered
330 Posts
I put 18" cls 500 wheels on my S430 and just had to buy the lug nuts for those rims and they fit no problem. Now what i would do is throw the old lug nuts in your trunk just in case you get a flat tire
Those rims use a an Audi/VW type ball seat. He just needs a set of 5 OEM 23mm shank Mercedes type ball seat in the trunk for his spare.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts