Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone out there show me where and how this probe is located behind the bumper, thanks..

Luke

·
Registered
'07 CLK350
1,144 Posts
It's attached to the little knock-out area of the bumper that's directly in front of the radiator drain cock. That would be on the driver's side of the car for LHD models. If you get your face down low enough you can see it without having to remove anything.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bob. But my real question is this, I purchased my S420 with a damaged bumper meaning the bottom of my bumper was torn off including the tow hook covers, the only thing that was left concerning the probe sensor is the wire that the sensor suppose to be connected to. A picture of the location would be really helpful.

Luke

·
Registered
'07 CLK350
1,144 Posts
OK, I did a quick google search and found these. The circled area on the first picture shows the general location on the car. The second picture shows the area with the cover removed. The black wire hanging down on the right side of the opening is the wire for the probe. (Yes, I borrowed this one from v12uberalles.com:)) The sensor itself is mounted to one of the slats of the cover by a couple of spring clips. According to alldata, cars built before 09/96 will have a connector on the wiring harness for the probe. Cars built after that are hard-wired all the way to the instrument cluster.

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It helps some. My sensor probe is attached to a small black clip, but I do not know exactly how it is attached to the bumper cover, that is what I need to know, thanks.

Luke

1 - 6 of 6 Posts