Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have been trying to to find the part highlighted in red in the image below. I believe this is what is called the Rocker Cover or Cylinder Head Cover.

Can anyone be kind enough to point me to a reliable online parts shop that sells the part that I'm looking for? I have tried a few online car parts shop but unable to find anything close.

Picture taken off from 1994 W140 S320L. Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone able to advice?

I found a part list from ?????? by entering my VIN.

I am looking at part 53. However, it does not quite resemble the picture I had taken.

Description of part 53 as follows:
A1040101830 - Cylinder Head Cover
A1040102230 - Cylinder Head Cover

VIN: WDB1400332A180288
Engine no. : 104994 22 014376

All advices grealy appreciated.

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
Part numbers vary around the world and it's hard to be helpful not knowing your location. But it appears that 18 30 is the correct part number. It is a rarely needed part that is not likely available from a parts supplier but only from the dealer for a new one or a salvage yard for a used one. It is very expensive from the dealer, around $650 list in the U.S. The spark plug cover that attaches to the top of it is a separate part, also rather expensive.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Part numbers vary around the world and it's hard to be helpful not knowing your location. But it appears that 18 30 is the correct part number. It is a rarely needed part that is not likely available from a parts supplier but only from the dealer for a new one or a salvage yard for a used one. It is very expensive from the dealer, around $650 list in the U.S. The spark plug cover that attaches to the top of it is a separate part, also rather expensive.
Hello deanyel,

Thanks for responding. I am from Singapore, it looks like I might have to look around the yard to find it.

The reason why I am looking for this cover is because I was told by my mechanic that this rocker cover has the tendency to warp. If I were to replace only the gasket, it will leak again in no time.

So now it's a question of whether to live with the leakage or to try harder..

·
Greek God of the R129
SL500-500SEL-190E
8,371 Posts
Get a MB valve cover gasket, aftermarket leak.
Had the same problem on a 500.
Get also new crash washers for the screws.
It is not the cover.

Regards,
aam.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts