Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Mercedes-Benz S320
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 95 Mercedes-Benz s320 and I am currently having two issues. Number 1 issue is I cannot unlock the doors using the "unlock/lock button located in the center console". It will lock the doors but when I press down on it to unlock, nothing occurs. Second issue is that when I use the Key remote to open the doors/locks, all the door locks open except for the driver door. I must open the driver door using the key. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1995 Mercedes-Benz S320
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A bit of more info/update:

I have noticed that the central locking button does indeed work however only when the car is off. When the car is ON, the central locking button does not work and the trunk button does not work either. Basically in order for me to let a passenger out the car while the car is running, I need to shut the vehicle off and then use the central locking button.

Any help is appreciated...

·
Registered
W220 S320 CDI 2005; W140 S280 1994 (Sold Nov. 2012)
867 Posts
A bit of more info/update:

I have noticed that the central locking button does indeed work however only when the car is off. When the car is ON, the central locking button does not work and the trunk button does not work either. Basically in order for me to let a passenger out the car while the car is running, I need to shut the vehicle off and then use the central locking button.

Any help is appreciated...
Looking at the wiring diagram for the central locking, I can't see any input or power supply line which is switched by the ignition key so I find it hard to understand how your CL system knows whether the ignition is on or off - unless there is some interaction with the anti-theft system.

The manual says: 'The doors cannot be unlocked with the central locking switch if the car was previously locked from outside.' This suggests to me that perhaps the CL controller has got its logic in a twist for some reason. So I would pull all the fuses relating to the central locking and anti-theft systems, then replace them and see if that sorts the logic out. The fuses, which are all in the rear fuse box in the trunk, are #3 and #11 for the CL and #2, #11 and #15 for the ATS.

Good luck,

Mike

·
Registered
1995 Mercedes-Benz S320
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mike, Thanks so much for the reply.

Wondering if you can tell me where exactly in the trunk are the fuses located? Near the battery side or cd changer? Thanks

·
Registered
W220 S320 CDI 2005; W140 S280 1994 (Sold Nov. 2012)
867 Posts
Mike, Thanks so much for the reply.

Wondering if you can tell me where exactly in the trunk are the fuses located? Near the battery side or cd changer? Thanks
The fuse box is located behind the hinged panel in the sidewall of the trunk liner, on the battery side of the trunk - at least that's where it is in my RH drive car. Just turn the latch and pull down the panel door, which should have a list of the fuses on it on the inside.

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts