Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes W140 s320L Black
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm bit desperate now. After running some diagnostic using Carsoft multiplexer, my pc got frozen and I suppose I've pressed too many buttons and ME Module coding procedure started. Before I managed to kill carsoft program, empty file was loaded to the module. Now there is almost no power while driving as it probably recognise gear position as idle and there is limit of 4000rpm. Also when I run diagnostic, it says that there is wrong coding - module is coded as Manual gearbox and car is coded as Automatic. To reverse it I need to have mecode.sta and me2code.les files loaded back to module. I already performed MB Star diagnostic but it says there is no coding on the module and nobody knows how to code it back.
Is there anyone who has MB w140 s320 97 Petrol Automatic and has Carsoft and willing to provide their files read from ME module? Or any ideas how to get ME module coded or at least where to get codes to use MB Star?

·
Registered
94 s420 250kmiles
827 Posts
I would first look for the computer at the local scrapyard mine is filled with 320's with the 5 speed auto.

sent from my HD2 running Android 4.1

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know this would be the fastest, but why not try to avoid costs. It's just a programming issue. If I won't find any solution I would look for new computer

·
Banned
2008 C200K (W204) & 1998 SL500 (R129) Imperial Red
3,373 Posts
Im sorry to tell you this, but you messed up the computer module.. Getting the exact coding back may be more work and effort than its worth..

Like slow hands suggested, just go to a scrapyard and get a fresh computer box (with matching part numbers of course) should cost between $50 - $100 at most.

It should be plug and play after that, no coding no problems...

Take it as a lesson learnt, and sell the Carsoft software so you can buy the proper Star DAS Xentry diagnostic equipment ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought this Carsoft ages ago just to erase errors I don't see on climatronic. I just couln't force myself to get one Star multiplexer. BTW I have to buy new laptop as it got broken "accidently" after freezing

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
lol..

The Star Das packages are going under $400 nowdays.. pair it with an IBM T30 or Dell D620 / D630 and off you go!

Defiantly wont have this problem again :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guys, does anybody knows where is ME module located? I need to get part nr but I don't lnow which module is it. Is there any list of module location for w140?

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Passenger side, top corner under the hood..

It will be in a "coffin" or protective box.. Open it up and all engine computers are found there..

Be cautious: if you intend to unplug anything there, disconnect the battery first.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok. I finally got replacement module but when replaced I'm getting Start Error. Does it require module or immobiliser reprogramming? Module is 100% working, same part numbers, same car models.

·
Registered
2003 S55 AMG Kompressor
361 Posts
You probably have to code it to match your car. Unfortunely I did sell my MB HandHeldTester a while ago, otherwise I would look it up.

Pretty common though. I do have Jaguar XK8 and a couple of spares, they all need to be re-programmed for the specific car for which you most likely will need what dealers use (but I don't how ME cars well enough to give you a true competent answer)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts