Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have noticed rather a lot of black smoke being emitted, especially when accelerating hard so thought I would change the fuel filter. Problem is I don't know exactly where it is located. I found another thread on this site that described the process in great detail with pictures but unfortunately it must have been from and earlier/later model as it differs from mine.
Any help or advice much appreciated.

·
Registered
2004 S430
19 Posts
I don't know for sure if your 02 is the same as my 04. If it's the same then here is the info that you need. I don't know where is the fuel pressure relief valve's at if someone know please add the info. Do not turn on your car until completion.
1. Stop the front wheels from moving
2. Jack the rear up by the differential
3. Place the jack stands under the car by oem locations on the sides
4. The filter is in front of the rear wheel on the driver side (US model)
5. I think you will need 10mm socket to remove the 3-4 bolts that hold the cover in place
6. Unplug the fuel pump electrical connection
7. You will need a small flat head screw driver to unhook the 4 clamps. Then just slide them back onto the hose
8. Get some gags and bucket
9. Wrapped the gag around one of the hose and pull and wiggle. Prepare for the fuel to splash out! Again, use the gag then let the rest run into a bucket
10. Pull all the hoses out from the filter
11. Unscrew the filter from the clamp and slide it out
12. Reverse the other for the installation. You'll need a pliers to put the clamps back on.

Again this just what I remember, and it's just to give you some ideas but don't lock me up and throw away the key if something is not right:cool: Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
S320 CDi Fuel Filter Change

Thanks for your prompt response. Unfortunately I think there may be some differences between the 02 & 04 models but I will see if I can use your instructions as a guide.
Cheers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.