Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1996 S320 LWB
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the OEM port in the arm rest and no connection in the glove box. I have been in touch with Bovee and they tell me they have no adapter cable that will connect the Bovee unit to my OEM . My understanding is the MB cradle will only work with phone and not music? I have seen utube where they had car play working? Any help would sure be appreciated. Keep in mind that high tech to me is a AM radio with reverb LOL

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
10,877 Posts
That cradle will work ony with your phone; however, if you have the Media (or Multimedia) Interface in the glove box, you shpuld be able to find a bovee adapter that will let you stream the music (it won't work for telephony, so you use both). The interface was commonly used to allow connection of iPods or other music players.

It would help a LOT if you'd tell us what model and year your car is; the media interface was not available on all models or years.

·
Registered
1996 S320 LWB
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Warren, I apparently have one of the S550 without the interface in the glove box.

·
2001 210.082 +494, 2008 221.176 +494
154 Posts
There is a "Music Interface" and an "iPod Integration Kit." The Music Interface or Multimedia Interface is on the NTG 3.5 models, from 2010-2013. The 2007-2009 were NTG 3.0, and most had been ordered with the optional iPod Integration Kit which gives you a 30-pin dock connector in the glove compartment for the iPod Classic and iPhone 4s and older. The Bovee adapter is designed to work with the 30-pin dock connectors, so if you have that in your glove compartment, you can use it. Select Audio and scroll to AUX to activate it. On the Instrument Cluster is Audio is selected, you should see Plug in iPod. If you don't have it, you should be able to locate a used or NOS iPod Integration Kit to connect to your car. It displays the artist, song, and album in the Instrument Cluster, and is controlled by the steering wheel buttons.

·
Registered
1996 S320 LWB
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is a "Music Interface" and an "iPod Integration Kit." The Music Interface or Multimedia Interface is on the NTG 3.5 models, from 2010-2013. The 2007-2009 were NTG 3.0, and most had been ordered with the optional iPod Integration Kit which gives you a 30-pin dock connector in the glove compartment for the iPod Classic and iPhone 4s and older. The Bovee adapter is designed to work with the 30-pin dock connectors, so if you have that in your glove compartment, you can use it. Select Audio and scroll to AUX to activate it. On the Instrument Cluster is Audio is selected, you should see Plug in iPod. If you don't have it, you should be able to locate a used or NOS iPod Integration Kit to connect to your car. It displays the artist, song, and album in the Instrument Cluster, and is controlled by the steering wheel buttons.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts