Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My ma's poor 1995 E320, it's sure been through a lot. Just within the past few days it has thrown all power from the power windows front and rear, the front wiper, the HVAC system (no blower), and the sunroof. I have given a visual check to the fuses and they seem alright, perhaps a tiny bit corroded. I'd like to replace them anyways, but nothing obvious.

I don't hear any obvious clicking, and things in the general vicinity such as the heated seats still indicate that they are working. I know that this car had the degradable harness, but the engine harness itself seems in good condition so I figure it must have been replaced because the car has nearly 240,000 miles. Could the interior harness be degrading?

Are these components all located on the same circuit or share a ground?

Thank you so much, and please let me know if there is any other information I can give you.

1995 Mercedes E320
M104 Motor
240,000 Miles

·
Registered
1994 e320 coupe (sold), 1990 300CE ($400 beater)
749 Posts
visual check not going to cut it.

order some copper flosser fuses and put those there after cleaning the terminals.

What's the month/year on your harness?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
visual check not going to cut it.

order some copper flosser fuses and put those there after cleaning the terminals.

What's the month/year on your harness?
I got in there and twisted them around, and swapped a few around and the windows, sunroof, and front wiper are back to working. I'd like to order a kit of assorted fuses so I can just go ahead and replace the whole box. Found a good looking one on Amazon that seems better than others because they are not a plastic body and have the brass/copper. Do you have any recommendations of where to order the fuses from instead if you think those would be better?

Also, I found a white tag on a small harness right to the inboard side of where the ECUs are, didn't see anything else, it said Delphi W.Guarda - F.D.: 24/06/2010. Underneath the MBA124 label right next to it, it says Z.D.07.09.94. Make of that what you will.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just placed an order through FCP Euro because it seems they have the Flosser fuses, most companies say they are out of stock.

Blue 25 Amp:

Red 16 Amp:

White 8 Amp:

If you're willing to deal with plastic "Bakelite" ones, this is the cheapest but best rated kit of them I could find:

·
Registered
80 280SL, 85 300SD, 87 300TD, 90 300TE 4Matic, 90 300D 2.5 Turbo, 92 300D 2.5 Turbo, 92 300TE 4Mat
1,455 Posts
Try swapping relays A and F in the back part of the fuse box. If the windows start working and the seats stop, then you know you have a bad relay. Relay F powers the convenience module through which the windows and sunroof circuits run.

Relay H is the combination relay; it has the turn signals.

·
Registered
W124
4,690 Posts
Glad you got them working. As recommended clean the terminals individually before installing the new fuses. Spinning them and seeing a change is a strong indication the connections at the fuses are contaminated.

As for the blower, there is a separate fuse for it located in a black plastic holder on the driver's side strut tower. It is a blade type fuse and the best way to check it is to measure continuity over it. When they crack, its not easy to see the crack so measurement is best.

The harness being a Dephi, indicates it is a replacement harness.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts