Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
S124 230te 1991
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi is there somebody that can help me, my s124 230te wont start it just cranks, it has no spark, this is what i have changed during this process.
Sparkplugs, ignition coil pack, rotor and distrubiator, the EZL and still no sign to spark.
i Wonder if it could be the crankshaft sensor.

W163 and General M Gremlin
Welcome to BW SirR,
Won't start is a broad term. Be specific ====> Crank, no start. No crank, no start?

As a benefit for yourself and a courtesy to all readers, kindly complete your member registration by filling in your complete vehicle profile.
Your vehicle profile info will appear under your avatar, then readers will see/identify what you have and respond accordingly: Complete your Profile

Registered
S124 230te 1991
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And the wiring harness worked before i swapped the engine. And one more thing i cant see all the controll lamps that shows when you turn the ignition on.
it cranks for me but no spark.

Registered
W124, 230E 5 speeds Manual, 1987
Hi is there somebody that can help me, my s124 230te wont start, it has no spark, this is what i have changed during this process.
Sparkplugs, ignition coil pack, rotor and distrubiator, the EZL and still no sign to spark.
i Wonder if it could be the crankshaft sensor.
Hello, the crankshaft position sensor should be the first thing to test. It is easy. just unplug it at the EZL (it is a coaxial cable with a round connector) and check its resistance it should be between 740 ohm and 820 ohm depending on engine temp.
Also make sure your coil is energized check if it is getting 12v (measure the voltage between th coil positive terminal and chassis ground) if no voltage then it can be a bad fuse or connection. the coil should have 12v when ignition is on and it is controlled by the EZL at the ground side.

Registered
S124 230te 1991
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello, the crankshaft position sensor should be the first thing to test. It is easy. just unplug it at the EZL (it is a coaxial cable with a round connector) and check its resistance it should be between 740 ohm and 820 ohm depending on engine temp.
Also make sure your coil is energized check if it is getting 12v (measure the voltage between th coil positive terminal and chassis ground) if no voltage then it can be a bad fuse or connection. the coil should have 12v when ignition is on and it is controlled by the EZL at the ground side.
i just measured the crankshaft, the result i got was OL open loop.

Registered
S124 230te 1991
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Then you found your problem. but make sure you have correctly measured the reisitance.
I once replaced my crankshaft position sensor by accessing from the top.after i removed the oil filter. it wasnt so hard to do it
Yeah thankyou. Yes i measured correct, i tried measuring the sockel on the ezl and it has connection there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts