Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm replacing my destroyed engine ('87 W124/M103.983 300E) & have a couple questions about the service manual directions:

Do I have to remove the steering drag link & steering damper or that only for the 4Matic (01-0300 step 34)? the engine is pretty much ready to pull & I would really hate to break something.

what is the "cable control for pressure (27-100)" procedure they are talkng about (01-0300 step 45)?

thanks

·
Premium Member
About a dozen 1988, 1989, 1990, and 1991 sedans, wagons, 4Matics and 1 coupe
5,511 Posts
When I pulled the engine AND transmission (as a unit) out of my 88 260E I didn't have to remove the drag link or steering damper. I guess that means that you don't have to either. I DID follow the SM recommendation of raising the front of the car by placing blocks of wood under the front tires. That made a big difference.

http://bos-engel.com/benz/p6280017.jpg

As far as the cable control for pressure... that's probably the transmission throttle pressure cable that is at the back of the intake, under the air cleaner.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry.

Yeah, I'm pulling both as a unit. the way the SM is layed out it is a little confusing.

Any idea what the throttle pressure cable adjustment procedure might entail. I haven't been able to find any info on it. maybe it's not even really necessary.

thanks for the info

1 - 3 of 3 Posts