Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
SLK350 AMG Sport
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the DVD full of MP3s works great in the SLK but I have one issue that someone may be able to help me with.

I use iTunes to rip CDs to MP3 but then copy the MP3s up one directory because the SLK can not deal with three levels in the directory structure which is how iTunes stores them. Artist: Album name: Song title.

The problem is that the songs do not get burned in the order they where on the original album. They can get burned in alphabetical order. How can I change this? Is there some better (free?) software out there to do this?

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
BenzWorld R171 Host
SLK350
1,410 Posts
Snowball - 4/25/2005 12:15 PM

Well the DVD full of MP3s works great in the SLK but I have one issue that someone may be able to help me with.

I use iTunes to rip CDs to MP3 but then copy the MP3s up one directory because the SLK can not deal with three levels in the directory structure which is how iTunes stores them. Artist: Album name: Song title.

The problem is that the songs do not get burned in the order they where on the original album. They can get burned in alphabetical order. How can I change this? Is there some better (free?) software out there to do this?

Thanks in advance for any help.
I've looked into this in the past...
it seems that Roxio v6 had this facility but newer versions do not.

You may be able to pick up Roxio 6 on ebay cheap!

let us know if it works.

·
Registered
SLK350
108 Posts
best burner for the SLK DVD player is ITUNES. What you need to do is "SORT THE MUSIC by ALBUM". This is important, otherwise they won't record into multiple folders (the ALBUM NAME drives the Folder). You can change the Album name in iTunes and this will make it easier to create your folders (Folders are virtual CDs on your DVD) The DVD acts like a virtual CDC.

Also, don't copy files bigger than 192K (Stereo), because the DVD will be very slow in changing music. Best to record in 128KPBS with VBR.

I have gone through 20 DVDs till I got it just perfect, now I have 40 Folders with over 1000 songs.

·
Registered
SLK 200
261 Posts
Thanks, this is very useful!
Am I right to think that the CD charger in the gloves compartment which comes as an optional specification in the UK is completely useless considering that you can burn loads of CDs on a DVD and play it?
Thanks

·
Registered
SLK350, BMW K1200LT
808 Posts
Wimbledon_SLK - 5/8/2005 6:47 PM

Am I right to think that the CD charger in the gloves compartment which comes as an optional specification in the UK is completely useless considering that you can burn loads of CDs on a DVD and play it?
Thanks
yup[:)]

·
Registered
'06 SLK55
831 Posts
Sorry if this was discussed before...

Do you use dvd-r or dvd+r? I am trying dvd+r at 192kbs. It just doesn't seem to work. Thanks in advance.

Dan

·
Registered
SLK350
258 Posts
I have DVD+r at Variable bit rate and it works fine - I also tried 128k and 320k bit rates without problem.

What problem are you getting?

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
I wasn't able to run a + type DVD with music on it, but a - type worked fine...

·
Registered
'06 SLK55
831 Posts
Slk-Gill - 5/8/2005 3:47 PM

What problem are you getting?
Wont read! I'll try again with another disc manuf, dvd-r, etc. Maybeez i gots to get mor kompyuter trayning. I gots 2 get edjamakated.

·
BenzWorld R171 Host
SLK350
1,410 Posts
Wimbledon_SLK - 5/8/2005 1:47 PM

Remember though, DVDs and MP3 only work with COMAND!

·
Registered
SLK350
108 Posts
yes, thinking about having it removed so I can have storages space in there..

Wimbledon_SLK - 5/8/2005 1:47 PM

Thanks

·
Registered
SLK350
108 Posts
Don't burn them as MP3s. Burn them as DATA/DVD. And be sure to sort by ALBUM name. I-Tunes is the best burner for it (you can download it for free and set it to burn MP3s).

PS.. A work around AAC files. Burn them on a CD as MUSIC (they will burn without file names most of the times), then go back into iTunes, load the CD and title the tracks (you'll have to spend time listening to the tunes and matching the song) and you will then have them as MP3s.

I should start a DVD burning service for SLKs I've got this thing down.

Shinigami - 5/8/2005 3:52 PM

I wasn't able to run a + type DVD with music on it, but a - type worked fine...

·
Registered
SLK350 AMG Sport
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
tullios - 5/8/2005 8:44 AM

best burner for the SLK DVD player is ITUNES. What you need to do is "SORT THE MUSIC by ALBUM". This is important, otherwise they won't record into multiple folders (the ALBUM NAME drives the Folder). You can change the Album name in iTunes and this will make it easier to create your folders (Folders are virtual CDs on your DVD) The DVD acts like a virtual CDC.

Also, don't copy files bigger than 192K (Stereo), because the DVD will be very slow in changing music. Best to record in 128KPBS with VBR.

I have gone through 20 DVDs till I got it just perfect, now I have 40 Folders with over 1000 songs.
The problem is that if you don't have track numbers iTunes burns the songs in alphabetical order not the ordero fhte orginal album.

·
Registered
SLK350 AMG Sport
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
tullios - 5/8/2005 7:05 PM

Don't burn them as MP3s. Burn them as DATA/DVD. And be sure to sort by ALBUM name. I-Tunes is the best burner for it (you can download it for free and set it to burn MP3s).

PS.. A work around AAC files. Burn them on a CD as MUSIC (they will burn without file names most of the times), then go back into iTunes, load the CD and title the tracks (you'll have to spend time listening to the tunes and matching the song) and you will then have them as MP3s.
If you do that they do not sound as good. Too many conversions.

CD to AAC to CD to MP3. iTunes can convert the AAC to MP3 without a problem which is one less conversion but that still sounds gritty. Even at 320kps

1 - 19 of 19 Posts