Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2002 S 500 sport, and i was wondering if i could rotate my tires, my dealer says no, cuz the backs are diff size than the front, which makes sense to me, but what if i put the rear right side tire and put that on tthe rear left side wheel, in other words, moving the tires, not the wheels. i onlyhave 22000 miles onteh car and the rears are prettybald....fronts are ok, what should i do

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
By no means am I mechanic but the point of rotating tires is take the stress of the back ones by placing them on the front (rear wheel drives burn rear tires faster than the fronts). It is pointless to switch the left rear to the right rear unless you lay wheels on one particular side of the car all day. * Call the Dealership*

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, you can to a two wheel rotation, but it is somewhat unneccessary as justin pointed out.<br> <br> If your back wheels need replacing, replace them (preferrably with the same type). You can keep your existing front wheels until they need replacing as well.<br> <br> But like justin said, its always best to call the dealer.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: s class tire rotation (Mercman a ?)

Hey<br> <br> I wanted to get the same type of car as you. Can you tell me how many miles do the tires last. how many does the front last and how many does the back tires last.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: s class tire rotation (Mercman a ?)

Do you drive aggresive, meaning you punch it when you are at a stop or you ease it on the gas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts