Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 S55 AMG
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening Benzworld board members. My name is Mike and i'm currently in the market for a 2006 AMG S55. I am curious in what S-class owners paid for their vehicle. I'm assuming you are able to negotiate down the sticker price but various sales people have told me they will not negotiate on the S55 AMG. Is this true? Did any of you S55 owners pay below sticker? on a car with a 119-124k stick price, what is a few thousand dollars to the dealer? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
07 s550 4matic black/black
240 Posts
you won't get much - if anything at all - in terms of discounts off of the s55, s65 msrp. these cars are rare and dealers are relunctant to discount anything off of msrp unless you have a relationship with that dealership and have bought multiple cars from them in the past.

in contrast to the above and to make my point, i just bought a new 2006 s500 (it came with a 'no cost' amg sport package - that is, not the 'real' amg engine and suspension and brakes et al - it's just the amg body cladding and the amg wheels - so it LOOKS like an amg but does not perform at all like an 'amg engined' car), and i was able to negotiate a little bit more than $10,500 below msrp - and again, that is on a 2006.

benzo corporate is giving incentive marketing money to the dealers on the 2005s (not including s55, s65, s600) to help move the 2005 inventory. i got what i thought was a screaming deal on my 2006 because of the multiple cars i've purchased from this dealer and their wanting to continue to do business with me in the future ,,, and the restyled 2007 is due next fall/ winter.

consider yourself VERY fortunate if you are able to secure a discount on a NEW s55; i don't think you'll succeed. you wanna play ,,, you gotta pay! good luck. those s55s are BEASTS! cheers. ///ajm

·
Registered
2006 ML350
70 Posts
If you are willing to buy from a dealer outside your area, you may be able to negotiate a better deal. See the attached ebay link where a dealer is offering $10000 off a S65. It may be worth a phone call or email. Enjoy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6336&item=4546894647&rd=1

1 - 5 of 5 Posts