Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
S600 Sport
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just spoke to my rep at Manhattan MB. He states that delivery for the S Class will begin Nov 1. Says they, MBM should be getting 2-3 per month. Since they are factory owned, I am to presume this will be the soonest delivery date?

·
Registered
S430,190E 2.6,SL500
194 Posts
I don't know about the delivery dates but my dealer here in Denver says these cars are s...

I don't know about the delivery dates but my dealer here in Denver says these cars are sold out unitl around mid next year.
I just got the new W211 E-Class. Although most like it, I think it is not much but a pretty cheap car in disguise. I am looking to replace it soon with an S430. Would you recommend the leftover 02 models or wait half a year for the newer 03 models?

·
Registered
S600 Sport
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I find it hard

to believe that they are not getting any additional 03 models until mid 03. By that time the 04's will be rolling out. They can deal with other dealers as well. I would seek a car elsewhere perhaps....

I would get the 03 not the 02 as with either model, once you drive it off the lot you lose value but at least with the 03 you get a newer model and less loss of immediate value.

Good luck!

·
Registered
S430,190E 2.6,SL500
194 Posts
I just got one!

I traded in my new E-Class for the S-Class today. I got the 02 model- didn't want to wait half a year. I also got a discount on my S430, $73K instead of $78K.
Much better than the E-Class

·
Registered
S600 Sport
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats!

I am sure by now you appreciate the difference between the E and S class. Good choice!

I went by and ordered my 03 S600 Sport. Went with the Designo Mocha Black and all options with the exception of 4-placed seating. I am #5, the dealer says they are expecting 2-3 600's per month so hopefully Dec or Jan.

·
Registered
S430,190E 2.6,SL500
194 Posts
The S gives you great feelings

I was thrilled to drive an S-Class for the first time in my life. I probably don't want to downgrade to anything else. I just love the excitement, the pride and the exclusiveness of such a great car. It reminded me of my first Mercedes, a 190E 2.6, decades ago.
One question, are power back seats available on all S-Class models? I just saw it in the 02 catalog, I'm surprised to know they even offer it. Good luck on
your 03 S-class!

·
Registered
S600 Sport
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Power Rear Seats...

Are an option described as four-place seating. This enables the seats to have the ability to move up/down, forward, backward, etc (Not sure of all the moves as I have never seen it). Other than that the 600 is the only one which comes standard with the ability to move rear seats forward and backward, not available (to my knowledge on the 430 or 500, at least 2002 and prior). Another neat thing on the 600 is the passenger side rear also has a button you push to activate the front seat, enabling you to move it forward if there is not enough leg room when you get in. Take care!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts