Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my 2000 S500 in October 1999 and have experienced the following problems:<br>
1. Vibration and noise in the steering. Dealer has replaced ps pump, rack and hose. Zone manager for Houston (Frank Oswald)conceded that this is a problem that they have no fix for and that some of the 2001's have the same noise.. Listen before you buy.<br>
2.Air conditioning...In spite of ordering my car with dual air, ventilated seats front and rear, rear sun shade, and light color, the AC would not blow sufficient air to cool. Factory has a service bulletin to replace the evaporator coil and replace the control panel. Replacing fan speed chip did not work. The bigger evap coil helped.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Problems...

I purchased my 2000 S500 in October 1999 and have experienced the following problems:<br>
1. Vibration and noise in the steering. Dealer has replaced ps pump, rack and hose. Zone manager for Houston (Frank Oswald)conceded that this is a problem that they have no fix for and that some of the 2001's have the same noise.. Listen before you buy.<br>
2.Air conditioning...In spite of ordering my car with dual air, ventilated seats front and rear, rear sun shade, and light color, the AC would not blow sufficient air to cool. Factory has a service bulletin to replace the evaporator coil and replace the control panel. Replacing fan speed chip did not work. The bigger evap coil helped.<br>
<br>
3. The worst problem: Car acts as if it has blown a tire or is going over the worst washboard road that you have ever been on. The tires were replaced, ABS checked. Happens a couple of times a month. Dealer rebalances tires and says that they can't reproduce the problem>>>Any ideas?<br>
4. Hard broken shock sound in the front end when you go over bumps. Dealer says it's normal.<br>
<br>
I have an SLK and E class which are fine. This car is quite a disappointment.<br>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts