Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 300 SE ,85 300 GD
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a month long rest, I decided to crank up the S 404 yesterday. The batteries are the ones that were in it when we bought it four years ago. When I tried starting I got about three good turns and then 0. When I opened the battery box I checked the water and the water in the back battery was low. Disconnected the two batteries and charged one, then the other. Fifteen minutes later gave the manual pump three quick pulls. Jumped in and turned over once and hit the first time. The inactivity caused the batteries to be low, but this is probably time to replace them. Any suggestions on types I should consider/ Diehard? [:D]
[:0]See G link above in the G-wagen forum for the rest of this story. " Caution! G at Work!"

·
Registered
90 300 SE ,85 300 GD
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Batteries gone

I replaced the old batteries with two new Interstate units. I'm told there is a 24-Volt trickle charger available to keep the battereis UP when not in use. Anyone have that link or phone number? Cost?[8)]

·
Registered
90 300 SE ,85 300 GD
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Odinance Unlimited

Ordinance Unlimited has a 5 Volt charger for 24-Volt batteries. This has an LED readout and will not overcharge. Located in California.
www.ordinance.com[:D]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts