Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 ML350 Inspiration & 2006 E350 4MATIC
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I replaced my old Genie garage door opener with Ryobi modular opener and for the life of me I cannot get the built in homelink system to sync with the Ryobi remote.

These are the steps I've tried:

1. Pushed buttons 1 and 3 at the same time until the amber might flashes rapidly to erase stored codes.

2. Pushed one of the 3 buttons and the Ryobi remote at the same time, while holding the ryobi remote next to the homelink button I'm pressing. I've tried at differnt distances (right next to the homelink button, 1 inch away, 5 inches away...etc) the amber light flashes slowly on and off, never rapidly. I've tried with all 3 buttons, none will cause the amber light to flash rapidly.

I cannot proceed from here as it seems that, since the amber light doesn't flash rapidly, the homelink and the Ryobi remote never synced. I've had this same problem with my old Genie door opener but eventually after many many tries I got it to work. With the Ryobi it just doesn't seem to sync....

Anyone have any tips?

·
Super Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
23,299 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had to get one of these when I got my new belt drive openers last year. My doors are Liftmaster, but the same bridge works with many brands on older Homelink cars.

I would check with Ryobi first before buying it to make sure it works with their opener.

https://www.amazon.com/LiftMaster-8...id=1504580550&sr=8-2&keywords=HOMELINK+BRIDGE
Well interesting enough I was able to sync with my 2006 E350 and it's homelink unit located in the rear view mirror. So it leads me to think that either the homelink unit in my ML350 isn't compatible with Ryobi or I am not doing it right.

I asked Ryobi and they directed me to the homelink site. The homelink site lists the same steps that I am doing now. I called homelink and they aren't much help either.

·
Registered
2005 ML350 SE, 2015 GL63 AMG
563 Posts
I may have missed this part but just in case, isn't there a "sync mode" or "program" button on the base unit that you have to activate, prior to performing the syncing function that you described? Usually press and/or hold that sync/program button until a light turns on?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I may have missed this part but just in case, isn't there a "sync mode" or "program" button on the base unit that you have to activate, prior to performing the syncing function that you described? Usually press and/or hold that sync/program button until a light turns on?
Yes there is but you do that after you sync the remote to the homelink button.

I still haven't been able to get homelink to sync with my garage door remote.

·
Registered
2005 ML350 SE (current); 05 ML350 SE & 99 ML320 (former)
685 Posts
Do you have a second remote controller for syncing?

I ran into that same problem with my mother-in-laws home. I could not get my ML to sync with her remote. I bought a second remote at Home Depot for my son's use, it was a different model that works. I used his remote to successfully sync my ML. Then to the door.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.