Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
mercedes 2002 e320 4matic
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 02 4matic wagon has rust right below rear tailgate window. I got a quote of $650.00 to repair. Does Mercedes honor anything in this respect. I am way out of warranty obviously.

·
Registered
92 500SEL to 01 E320T current 2014 lexus LS460
3,886 Posts
A little steep, I got MB to split the cost of re doing the bottoms of my doors, and I also am seeing a little rust just under the wiper. I doubt they will do anything, they inflated the split cost and i finally got them to use the warranty charge and split that. They used "good will" as a reason.

·
Registered
2001 E320 Brilliant Silver/Charcoal 2002 E320 Special Edition
285 Posts
A little steep, I got MB to split the cost of re doing the bottoms of my doors, and I also am seeing a little rust just under the wiper. I doubt they will do anything, they inflated the split cost and i finally got them to use the warranty charge and split that. They used "good will" as a reason.
hey Peter,

I am in the same boat as well. Rust on the bottom of three doors behind the weather strip. I am the third owner of My w210.
Is there a chance I can get the "good will"?
Please elaborate on your situation.

Thanks,

Ayman.

·
Registered
2000 Black E320 4Matic
77 Posts
hey Peter,

I am in the same boat as well. Rust on the bottom of three doors behind the weather strip. I am the third owner of My w210.

Thanks,

Ayman.
Ask around, it usually depends on the dealership. Sometimes they will just eat up the entire cost.

·
Registered
92 500SEL to 01 E320T current 2014 lexus LS460
3,886 Posts
hey Peter,

Thanks,

Ayman.
The rust around the door frame was discussed in a bulletin during the warranty period by spraying wax. I dont give you much of a chance for "good will" I had a friend who was a shop foreman who went to bat for me. I also have most of the work done there and purchased two cars there so I probably paid for it over time. MB only honors rust isues in Europe. They promised to do all four doors, but only did two.

·
Registered
2001 E320 Brilliant Silver/Charcoal 2002 E320 Special Edition
285 Posts
Thank you Gentlemen. I thought I would not have a chance since the car is out of warrany and I am not the orginal owener. The rust I have is surface rust and I am glad I caought it early before it rotts the doors. I have my POR-15 kit ready and I will tackle this project tomorrow!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts