Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an original owner 300D TD, in beautiful condition except that it has some minor rust on the rear 1/4 panels around the wheel wells. Does anyone know of a source for rust repair panels for the 300D?<p>Thanks in advance

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Companies such as ADSIT have repair panels for

most of the 123 series (I'm going thru what you are) but sometimes it can be cheaper to replace a whole fender, etc., if there's bad rust. You can get a front fender for under $100, but some of the rear wheel-well area repair panels should fit your pistol. ADSIT has a website. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks much Jim B+

I've hit just about every place I could,trying to get some rust repair sheet metal - it's pretty hard to find! Thanks again<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
: I have an original owner 300D TD, in beautiful condition except that it has some minor rust on the rear 1/4 panels around the wheel wells. Does anyone know of a source for rust repair panels for the 300D?<p>Thanks in advance<p>17/03/01<p>I own a 1980 300TD wagon.. I had some rust on the inside of my doors... I had this problem repaired by an Auto Paint Shop called Earl Scheib..<br>They cut out the rust... Then welded a new metal piece to areas that needed it.. Then they applied bondo... needless to say it didn't cost me much..<br>I also allowed them to paint my car.. The paint job isn't the very best but for what they charged it looks pretty darn good.... good luck with your car.... Mine is just starting to act up..<br>Lee [email protected]<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: rust repair panels

There is a company called Veng Parts in Denmark that sells all kinds of Rust repair panels for the 123 body styles. The only problem is I have not figured out how to order from them yet.<br> <br> Here is there web address:<br> <br> http://www.veng.dk/UKVersion/35/3525/parts.en.html<br> If you have any luck ordering parts let me know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.