Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have attached two pictures of some rust on a 1997 S320 I am looking at and wonder how concerned I should be. One is just under the grill on the front bumper and one is on the driver's door.

Also, I have attached two images of one of the hubcaps - notice the deterioration / peeling of the chrome. Is this something that can be fixed without replacing the hubcap / rim?

Is this something that can be expected of a 15 year old car or should I avoid this one? Otherwise, the car is quite nice.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am looking at this car because I am looking for a large sedan that works for the family - I know this car will take a bit of a beating from my kids (6 and 4) so I don't need it in tip top shape aesthetically. Knowing that would you still pass on it? Thanks for any feedback.

·
Registered
1991 Mercedes Benz 300E, 179K, stock, daily driver
1,689 Posts
I am looking at this car because I am looking for a large sedan that works for the family - I know this car will take a bit of a beating from my kids (6 and 4) so I don't need it in tip top shape aesthetically. Knowing that would you still pass on it? Thanks for any feedback.
If he drove it in the winter (with salt) and didn't put some rustproof spray on the underbody who knows how much he abused it. think about it

·
Registered
1990 190D, 1997 S300 Turbo Diesel, 2002 ML270 CDI
205 Posts
Rust outside is usually indicative that more is found under the car, in wheel wells, and hidden behind covers.

rgds
Odd

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like I better keep looking - too bad, but thanks for the honest feedback. Sometimes it takes a few people to beat some sense into me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts