Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
300TD-T
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 300TD-T 1985 sometimes runs rough when first started cold. It feels like a "missfire", mabey a glow plug not working, but I thought the light would flash if there was a bad glow plug. It doesn't. Thanks for the advice all. [8D]

·
BenzWorld W126 & W201 Host
1988 420SE, 2002 C180 Kompressor, 200 ML320
1,159 Posts
Poor starting

keymanwst

It does sound like a bad heater plug. Unfortunately it doesn't always affect the light.
If you have an ohm meter you clould disconnect all the plugs and measure the resistances in each one to establish which one is faulty or just replace the lot.[;)]

·
Registered
1994 SL320, '76 240D
153 Posts
Sometimes these diesel don't fire up on all cylinders imedeately, especialy when it's very...

Sometimes these diesels don't fire up on all cylinders imedeately, especialy when it's very cold. Let the the plugs glow about 10-20 seconds more after the glow light goes out. If not, it could be a bad glow plug. If all the glow plugs are good, check the compression - you may have low compression on one or more cylinders.

·
Registered
300TD-T
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
poor starting

Thanks, I will test those glow plugs. Another question--I would like to have a pair of those offset 14mm wrenches for valve adjustment on the OM617.952. Is there a good source for these?

·
Registered
1994 SL320, '76 240D
153 Posts
www.mercedessource.com - They sell ones that they have made for them by a company (not ori...

www.mercedessource.com - They sell ones that they have made for them by a company (not originals), however they look like they are good quality and they are cheaper than the original MB ones. If you want the originals, I think SamsTag Sales should have them:
www.samstagsales.com - Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.