Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have a 1990 560 sel which We have nursed back to health. The car has been running very strong except for this little quirk that I have noticed.
When I start the car after it has sat for a while it runs rough. I usually try to drive it until it warms up. At this point, the car is still running rough, poor acceleration, almost stalls. If I pull over, turn the car off and let rest for about a minute, upon restart the car drives like a dream.

Any idea where I may start looking. Could the computer be resetting itself?

Thank you for any observations that may be given.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Could have clogged fuel filter, needs tune-up, cold-start enrichment system problem, could have a bad air intake or O2 sensor, or yes, the computer could be quirky. Do you only notice this when the car is cold (ie overnight)? You could also have a head gasket leak, but the fact that you say you let it sit for minute kind of makes me want to say no to that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks dieselbenzfan123.
Just recently had the fuel filter cleaned and had a tune up. I will check the O2 sensor and air intake before I address the computer.
It acts up I between drives after sitting for about 4 hours... Very strange.
I was reading that different gas brands are better than others in keeping fuel system clean?
I use shell.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts