1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1995 S420
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again all!

1995 S430. 136K

Thanks for all the help in the past. I have always had really great help and insight whenever I posted on here.

Well I need some help again.

First of all.... I really would like some recommendations on shops in the Washington DC area. Like many here, I like to avoid having to take my big boy to the Stealership. It is still however important to keep this monster maintained correctly. I have had a bad experience with one of the shops that I used to go to all the time. They are in Hyattesville Maryland. The name is Amera-benz or something of the sort. These guys play some serious games. and when it comes to A/C and cooling systems they seem to not have a clue.

The other reason I am posting is because my car runs fine all winter. She purrs like a kitten. but in the summer when I have to turn on the A/C especially in stop and go traffic the engine really starts to heat up. This past summer it was really bad and I felt like it was going to screw something else up. So usually I have to kill the A/C and put down the Windows.

* The main fan seems to be running fine. I did the resistance test on it and it nearly ripped my arms off. I don't think it is the fan clutch.
* Coolant is good, so are hoses. I had a pressure test done and there is a small leak in the radiator but thats all. I will be changing the radiator next week. I assume the pressure test would have revealed any problems with the head gasket.....
* The AUX fans for the A/C system do actually come on. But they only kick in for a few seconds before they shut back down, this is even when the engine is running hot. to be honest those fans seem to have a mind totally of their own. I think at least part of the problem may be this area.

Any help would be very much appreciated here.

·
Registered
1999 S320, 97 740i, 99 A4
95 Posts
on my 99 s320 there is a fan and AC relay under driver headlight and frame so go under the car more likely will have to remove the under motor plastic cover and you will see it holds with 2 10mm nuts.Try that.
I dont know if one of your friends got same car try swaping them around

·
Registered
W220 S320 CDI 2005; W140 S280 1994 (Sold Nov. 2012)
867 Posts
What do you call hot? - this sems to be a debate that never goes away!

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts