Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again,

i was out the other day driving my car (83 300sd) when going up a hill I felt a slight vibration right before it shifted into second gear. It is very noticeable when sitting in the passenger seat. Has anyone had any experience like this before? Could the extra pressure from going uphill (the hill was steep) cause the differential to make the noise? I am changing the differential fluid soon. Just wanted to know if anyone else has ever experienced that before.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1982 380SE AMG euro(parted out),1983 300SD "Good Girl", 1984 500SEL AMG euro "Bad Girl"
3,256 Posts
There is a chance of a rumble from the rear subframe when under power. I get it in my SD and it does freak peopple out a bit accelerating up an overpass near my home.. There's a proceedure in the service manual about putting in small shims to correct it. I haven't bothered to do it yet since I'll be dropping mine to install another rear end, rebuilt half shafts, and thinner spring shims to slightly lower the car. I'll then see if I need to correct the rumble after that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts