1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1988 300 SE
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[?]Ruff Engine Idle

Hello fellow members,

Got another question for you, This may be easy for you veterans. Before I start to dig into a lot of replacing parts I will see if I can tap your brains…

I have a ’88 300 SE with 230,000 miles on it. In the mornings or even when it sits for a while, when I start it, the engine will run ruff for about 30 to 60 seconds. Then it seems to line out and run great. I don’t have problems with accelerating, normal driving, or curb idle. Just when I star the car. It is more so in the morning than during the day. I try to turn the key and wait until the buzzer quits (just used as a timer) then start the car. It seems to help. Makes me think that I am loosing fuel pressure in the lines…don’t know… Any Ideas before I start replacing everything?

·
Premium Member
1988 300 SE
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hummmm, Well when I purchased the car a while back I had a Mercedes Dealer check it out and the only thing they found was a leak on my power steering pump cap. I would assume that they would have pointed that out to me.. With that, wouldn't it happen with each start up Hummm I will check it out.. you may be on to something.. thanks.....[^]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts